Classes & Bible Studies
We have a number of classes or Bible Studies for you to join up with and become integrated into a smaller group within our larger church family. These classes and Bible Studies are available for all ages:
Hope Kids Ministry
There are great opportunities at Living Hope for children to not only connect with other children and have fun, but to learn and grow in the knowledge of God and of His Word.
Sunday School is an important ministry in the Free Reformed Churches and here at Living Hope. Following the afternoon service children ages 5-11 are welcome to come listen to a Bible story and participate in colouring, craft, or (for the older classes), some biblical discussion.
Want to know how your child can join? Email here.
Kidz Klub is a children's program for ages 6-11 that meets from 7-8:45 on most Tuesday evenings. The evening includes music and singing, stories, learning and crafts, as well as a snack and play time.
Kidz Klub runs from September-April, and includes busing | Want to know how your child can join? Email here.
- What are they? At Living Hope we subscribe to confessional documents, known as the Three Forms of Unity. One of these three "forms" is called the Heidelberg Catechism (first publishd in 1563). As part of our youth ministry, classes are held every week using this Catechism as an outline to guide us through the great truths of the Bible.
- Why do we do it? The Heidelberg Catechism may have been written many years ago, but it has been used by Christians around the world ever since. The Catechism summarizes the major teachings of the Bible in one hundred and twenty-nine memorable questions and answers. And so we use the Catechism as a guidline to these great teachings.
- How can I Connect? Catechism classes are held for young people ages 12-18. If you would like to join, or more information, please speak to one of the Elders or the Pastor.
We have three different groups of young people (YPS) who meet on a regular basis: Junior YPS (age 12-13), Intermediate YPS (age 14-15), and Senior YPS (16+). The first two groups meet on most Tuesday evenings from 7-8, and the oldest group meets on alternating Sunday evenings.
Want to know how you can join? Email here.
New Members Classes
Pre-Confession of Faith class:
- What is it? At Living Hope, we have two levels of church membership: One is that of a "baptized member," and the other is a, "confessing member." Since we believe that infant baptism is biblical, this difference between a "baptized member" and a "confessing member" is that the "confessing member" is one who is not only baptized (whether as an infant, youth, or adult), but also publicly confessed faith in Jesus Christ. This "public" confession is made in a special ceremony during our worship service.
- Why do we do it? The responsibility to publicly confess your faith is based on Scripture's call to confess God's name in the world. Many passages of Scripture speak about this. Christ Himself says in Matthew 10:32, 33: "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven." And in 1 Timothy 6:12, the Apostle Paul speaks of Timothy's "confession of faith": "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses."
- How can I connect? This class is available for all ages. Come and speak to one of our Elders or the Pastor. Classes generally run from September to April, with the opportunity to make confession of faith pubilcally in a worship service following the course.
Classes & Bibles Studies
Young Adults Bible Study
Ladies' Bible Study
Men's Breakfast Bible Study
Best Year's Fellowship (60+)